COMPETE Digital is a full-service progressive digital marketing agency. We combine proven strategies from Silicon Valley with decades of political experience.
We’re looking for a Digital Strategist with experience in running multi-platform digital advertising campaigns. Your job will be to help lead and execute integrated digital campaigns alongside specialists in creative, reporting, fundraising, and development. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background, election-cycle experience, and 1+ years executing digital ad programs and digital strategy across multiple platforms.
COMPETE is a fully remote company and this position will be permanently remote. This is an ongoing position focused on electoral and advocacy advertising (this is not a cycle position).
Salary: $60,000-80,000 based on experience
To Apply: Email resume to [email protected]. Include “2023 Digital Strategist” in subject line. No cover letter required.
- Platform Competency: Running integrated campaigns including paid social, programmatic inventory, and search will be your primary responsibility. You must become fluent in the ability to create and manage campaigns on all primary paid media platforms including—but not limited to—Facebook and Google Ads. Experience and familiarity with DSP platforms is not necessary to start but will be important to develop quickly.
- Experienced with data: Day-to-day management and optimization of campaigns—as well as regular reporting—is highly dependent on your ability to compile and analyze marketing platform data. Advanced Google Sheets formulas should be a second language to you. Experience with SQL or Python is not necessary but will be extremely useful.
- Self-driven: COMPETE is remote, so you’ll be working from home with occasional optional travel. We need folks who are self-motivated, great at time management, tech-savvy, adaptable, and accountable.
- Detail-oriented: Making sure that items are aligned, establishing clear action plans, and providing transparent and concise reporting are all extremely important. We aim to be the best progressive digital marketing agency, and we can only do that if we ensure quality—even if that means catching mistakes from items provided by the client.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly under tight deadlines. Political timelines are very short, so we have to respond to client needs as quickly as possible.
- Able to work remotely—we communicate via Gmail, Asana, Slack, Harvest, and Zoom.
- Willingness to work weird hours and tough schedules, primarily around Election Day(s). After our busy periods, every team member is expected to take significant time off to reset.
- Independent worker, but know when to get feedback or help when running into issues. You aren’t afraid of constructive criticism.
- Out-of-the-box thinker—you aren’t afraid to fail or try new ideas. Digital is constantly evolving, so we are always testing and implementing new technologies and best practices.
- 1+ years of experience in digital paid advertising
- Advanced experience with excel, google sheets, and database management (required)
- Experience with Facebook and Google ads platforms (required)
- Experience managing spend rates, bidding, and overall budgets across platforms (required)
- Experience with DSPs (bonus—not required)
- Experience with Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat Ads (bonus—not required)
- Experience with pulling voter file lists (VAN, TargetSmart, L2, PDI, etc) (bonus—not required)
- Campaign or political experience (bonus—not required)
- Basic knowledge of SQL or Python (bonus—not required)
- Written and verbal Spanish language skills (bonus—not required)
- Place, monitor, and optimize multi-platform digital ad campaigns for assigned client accounts.
- Develop analytics and reports on paid media campaign data and performance—using spreadsheets, ad platforms, and other internal tools—for internal and external consumption.
- Audience research, management, exploration, and testing within digital platforms.
- Query and pull audience files from various CRM databases for customized targeting and suppression.
- Collaborate with Strategists to craft recommendations and improve the performance of client campaigns.
- Fight to make the world a better, more just, and more equitable place by working for progressive campaigns and causes.
The Digital Strategist will be a member of our Tech Team, supporting the day-to-day and long-term success of our client’s online advertising efforts. The Digital Strategist will primarily work with our Director of Campaigns—Jaden Slagle—but will also collaborate on projects with our Creative, Fundraising, and Web Development teams. The Digital Strategist will report to the Director of Campaigns.
We value two things above all else: doing good work for our clients, and ensuring the work that we do is meaningful to the members of our team. We are a collaborative team, where departments frequently crossover with each other. We are fun, passionate believers in progressive ideals and we genuinely want our clients to win.
Benefits of working full-time at COMPETE:
In addition to working for campaigns and causes that you care about, in a culture that cares about you, COMPETE offers unlimited PTO, health benefits, workstation reimbursement, and career development. We believe our people are our greatest strength; as a result, we are committed to building around our team and teaching new skills.
COMPETE is committed to diversity in its workforce. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.
What's it like to work at COMPETE?
Benefits of working with us
Enjoy the shortest commute of your life in our work-from-home environment.
Work for causes and campaigns you care about, in a culture that cares about you.
We support our team with full plans that keep you covered.
Our people are our strength. We enjoy what we do, and we’ll all work to make sure you do too.
We are growing quickly and committed to building around our talented team and teaching new skills.
Plenty of PTO
14 days off during non-busy season, plus Holidays, plus post-election 14 days guaranteed.