COMPETE Digital is a full-service progressive digital marketing agency. We combine proven strategies from Silicon Valley with decades of political experience.
We are looking for an experienced After Effects animator and Premiere Pro video editor with strong design skills to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating high-quality, engaging animations, video content, and social media ads for our clients.
COMPETE is a fully remote company and this position will be permanently remote. This is an ongoing position focused on electoral and advocacy advertising (this is not a cycle position).
- Collaborate with the creative team to conceptualize, design, edit, and produce animated content for various projects including candidate videos, promotional videos, and social media content.
- Work with a wide range of video footage, audio and other assets to create engaging and dynamic video content using Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- Utilize design skills to enhance video content, including color correction, graphic design and typography.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time and meet the highest standards of quality.
- Participate in daily team meetings and project briefings.
- Keep up to date with the latest design trends and techniques.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly under tight deadlines. Political timelines are very short, so we have to respond to client needs as quickly as possible.
- Able to work remotely—we communicate via Gmail, Asana, Slack, Harvest, and Zoom.
- Willingness to work weird hours and tough schedules, primarily around Election and Primary Week(s). After our busy periods, every team member is expected to take significant time off to reset.
- Independent worker, but know when to get feedback or help when running into issues. You aren’t afraid of constructive criticism.
- Out-of-the-box thinker—you aren’t afraid to fail or try new ideas. Digital is constantly evolving, so we are always testing and implementing new technologies and best practices.
- Proven experience as an After Effects animator and Premiere Pro video editor, with a strong portfolio showcasing relevant work (required)
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Media Encoder (required)
- Familiar with Adobe Character Animator (bonus—not required)
- Campaign or political experience (bonus—not required)
- Written and verbal Spanish language skills (bonus—not required)
The Multimedia Designer will be a member of our Creative Team, creating the visual assets used to support the long-term success of our client’s online advertising efforts. The Multimedia Designer will primarily work with our Creative Director and Production Manager and may also collaborate with our Web Development team.
We value two things above all else: doing good work for our clients, and ensuring the work that we do is meaningful to the members of our team. We are a collaborative team, where departments frequently crossover with each other. We are fun, passionate believers in progressive ideals and we genuinely want our clients to win.
Benefits of working full-time at COMPETE:
In addition to working for campaigns and causes that you care about, in a culture that cares about you, COMPETE offers unlimited PTO, health benefits, workstation reimbursement, and career development. We believe our people are our greatest strength; as a result, we are committed to building around our team and teaching new skills.
COMPETE is committed to diversity in its workforce. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com. No cover letter required.
What's it like to work at COMPETE?
Benefits of working with us
Enjoy the shortest commute of your life in our work-from-home environment.
Work for causes and campaigns you care about, in a culture that cares about you.
We support our team with full plans that keep you covered.
Our people are our strength. We enjoy what we do, and we’ll all work to make sure you do too.
We are growing quickly and committed to building around our talented team and teaching new skills.
Plenty of PTO
14 days off during non-busy season, plus Holidays, plus post-election 14 days guaranteed.