Work with us
COMPETE is a fully remote agency that offers competitive salaries and benefits alongside flexible work schedules and an emphasis on work/life balance.
We're taking resumes but aren't actively hiring.
We are not immediately looking to bring on new team members, but are accepting resumes for the positions below. Please send your resume, a link to your LinkedIn profile, and the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line to to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re currently accepting resumes for…
Digital Fundraising Strategist (Jump to listing)
If none of the positions listed above fit you, but you are still interested in starting a conversation about working with us down the road, we are always looking for talented people! Feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com.
What's it like to work at COMPETE?
Benefits of working with us
Enjoy the shortest commute of your life in our seamless work-from-home environment.
Work for causes and campaigns you care about, in a culture that cares about you.
We support our team with full plans that keep you covered.
Our people are our strength. We enjoy what we do, and we’ll all work to make sure you do too.
We are growing quickly and committed to building around our talented team.
Plenty of PTO
14 days off during non-busy season, plus Holidays, plus post-election 14 days guaranteed.
Currently Accepting Resumes For...
Digital Fundraising Strategist - REMOTE
Note: We are currently accepting resumes for this position, but aren’t planning on beginning the interview process with qualified candidates until January. Thank you for your interest in working with us, and your patience!
COMPETE is looking for a proven digital fundraiser who is excited to join a young and rapidly expanding firm. You will be working alongside our Director of Fundraising Jamison Doran.
You should have 4+ years of experience and a strong background in successfully running or managing large email programs for Democratic campaigns, Democratically affiliated independent expenditures, or Progressive non-profits.
We are happy for “When do you start” to be whatever works best for you.
Salary Range: $60-80k
- Health Care
- 14 days of “non-Busy Season” PTO, not including Holidays, and at least 14 days of “Post November election” PTO guaranteed
- Remote work support: Flexible working hours that fit your lifestyle and strong remote workstation
- Annual bonus based on company performance and employee performance
- 4+ years of successfully running or managing large email programs for Democratic campaigns
- Experience working with donor databases
- 1-2+ years of Political campaign work experience where you’ve had significant exposure to paid Digital or political polls, or degree in Political Science.
- Strong in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management, written & verbal communication, and organization skills
- Independent worker, but know when to get feedback or thoughts when running into issues. You aren’t afraid of constructive criticism
- Out-of-the-box thinker—you aren’t afraid to fail or try new ideas that you haven’t tried before
- Able to work remotely—we communicate via Gmail, Asana, Slack, Harvest, and Zoom
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with graphic design softwares (Canva, Photoshop, etc.) and/or Video Editing softwares (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc.)
- Training on and development of the processes for COMPETE Fundraising services alongside our Director of Campaigns
- Personally write effective email copy asking our clients’ supporters for donations
- Oversee COMPETE graphic designers and copywriters that will help you execute successful fundraising programs
- Primary contact for email marketing clients’ day-to-day
- Leverage different email marketing programs to increase ROI of programs (ActionKit, NationBuilder, MailChimp, etc.)
- Analyze metrics to implement better testing and optimization programs
- Work with various reporting and optimization softwares to maximize ROI (ActBlue, Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, etc.)
- Help with fundraising pitches
- Help architect more mature COMPETE digital fundraising offerings and tailor them to clients’ needs
Expectations for this position:
- You must be self-driven: Our company is remote, meaning you’ll be working from home with occasional optional travel post-COVID (optional team meetups and/or client visits). So we need people who are self-motivated, excellent at time management, tech-savvy, resourceful, adaptable, and accountable.
- Open communication is key: Our clients trust us to translate their needs into action. In order to do this, there is a high level of collaboration with both clients and their stakeholders, as well as our internal teams.
- Detail-oriented work: Making sure that items are aligned, establishing clear action plans, and providing transparent and concise reporting are all extremely important. We aim to be the best digital marketing agency in the Poli-Digi space, and we can only do that if we ensure quality—even if that means catching mistakes from items provided by the client.
- You must be willing to scale up your workload during Campaign busy season. Much of our work is cyclical, and ramps up during election season. You’ll be able to take it a little bit easier during the non-busy season, but be prepared to dial it up during election season!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COMPETE is committed to diversity in its workforce that reflects the Progressive coalition our campaigns and candidates seek to represent. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.
Please send your resume and your LinkedIn profile URL to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Digital Fundraising Strategist” in the subject line.
Qualified candidates will be asked to participate in interviews and skills assessments with COMPETE partners.