Social and Email
We’re looking for a Social and Email Coordinator with experience in planning, conceptualizing, creating, and publishing excellent social media content. Your job will be to help the Social Media team with fresh new ideas for content, create the content (video and statics), and push it out through our publishing platform, Sprout Social. The nature of campaign work leads to fluctuating workloads throughout the year. We expect the ideal candidate to be able to work across the Digital Strategist and Creative teams depending on department needs. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background, exceptional design skills, fresh ideas, and 1+ years of experience working in social media.
About COMPETE Digital
COMPETE Digital is a full-service progressive digital marketing agency. We combine proven strategies from Silicon Valley with decades of political experience.
COMPETE is a fully remote company. We encourage candidates who live in Los Angeles to apply as there is a shared office space located in West Hollywood, however this is not required. This position will be permanently remote unless the candidate is located in Los Angeles, CA. This is a full-time position working with political candidates and public affairs organizations.
Exceptional Design Skills: Creating content that stands out requires a certain level of design competency that we expect the candidate to have. While we create a lot of static content, video has become the medium that ultimately sets our programs apart and helps our candidates be more successful in reaching new audiences. Thus, we expect the candidate to have design skills and competency in both native and video editing
Up-to-date on social media platforms and trends: Social media is constantly evolving with new platforms popping up and new trends and tactics catching people’s attention. We expect every member of the social media team to keep up with trends and come to the table with new ideas and suggestions for how to fully take advantage of new platforms and trends.
- Experience with newsletter/email writing: While direct experience with newsletter or email writing is not required, we do expect the ideal candidate to have strong written and verbal skills. It should be understood that this position requires email and newsletter writing depending upon client needs.
Generally open to learning new skills: At COMPETE, teamwork is extremely important to our success! The ideal candidate will be willing to learn new skills and adapt to the needs of other teams when workload allows.
Self-driven: COMPETE is remote, so you’ll be working from home with occasional optional travel. We need folks who are self-motivated, great at time management, tech-savvy, adaptable, and accountable.
- Detail-oriented: Making sure that items are aligned, establishing clear action plans, meeting deadlines, and providing transparent and concise reporting are all extremely important. We aim to be the best progressive digital marketing agency, and we can only do that if we ensure quality—even if that means catching mistakes from items provided by the client.
Able to meet fast turnaround deadlines: While we encourage our clients to plan content in advance, we often have to push out content day of or with little warning for breaking news, etc. Our ideal candidate can work within quick deadlines and is able to turn around posts quickly and efficiently when needed.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to stay organized and self-motivated, especially in a work-from-home environment.
- Ability to work quickly under tight deadlines. Political timelines are very short, so we have to respond to client needs as quickly as possible.
- Able to work remotely—we communicate via Gmail, Asana, Slack, Harvest, and Zoom.
- Willingness to work weird hours and tough schedules around Election Day(s). After our busy periods, every team member is expected to take significant time off to reset.
- Independent worker, but knows when to get feedback or help when running into issues. You aren’t afraid of constructive criticism.
- Out-of-the-box thinker—you aren’t afraid to fail or try new ideas. Social Media is constantly evolving, so we are always testing and implementing new technologies and best practices.
- Exceptional design esthetic.
- Passionate about the work you do and how social media can be an extremely effective tool in raising awareness for our clients.
- 1-2 years of experience working in social media or a similar role creating engaging content (required)
- Proficient understanding of design and ability to create content (native and video) from the ground up (required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and their respective audiences and functionalities (Especially Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter (X), and LinkedIn)
- Strong relationship management and community development skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a larger team.
- Proficiency in social media scheduling and analytics tools (such as Sprout Social) (bonus – not required)
- Experience writing marketing emails and newsletters (bonus – not required)
- Experience with boosting posts on Facebook (bonus – not required)
- Campaign or political experience (bonus—not required)
- Join client calls and interact with clients to get the required items to create content.
- Organize and set up internal documents for onboarding new social media clients.
- Plan and create social media content including natives, videos, and captions that fit the various platform requirements.
- Manage getting content approved, implementing edits, and scheduling approved content.
- Community management on client profiles which includes liking and interacting with posts, inviting people to like and join the pages, responding to comments and DMs, hashtag research, and other general account upkeep and interaction.
- Researching social media trends and presenting findings to the team on a monthly basis. And just generally thinking about ways to make the client’s content more engaging and out-of-the-box.
- Putting together and analyzing the monthly social media reports and sending them to the client.
- Scriptwriting and outlining general video direction for any video content we need from the client.
- Email marketing writing, loading, and scheduling depending on client needs (Mailchimp, Action Network, etc.).
- Depending on workload/season/interest:
- Help Digital Strategists with onboarding clients and guiding them through the campaign set up process, launch, and reporting.
- Help the creative team with scriptwriting and creative concepting.
- Fight to make the world a better, more just, and more equitable place by working for progressive campaigns and causes.
The Social and Email Coordinator will be a member of our Social and Email Team, supporting the day-to-day and long-term success of our client’s social media presence. The Social and Email Coordinator will report to our Senior Digital Strategist – Ameera – and will work closely with our Director of Campaigns, Isobel.
We value two things above all else: doing good work for our clients, and ensuring the work that we do is meaningful to the members of our team. We are a collaborative team, where departments frequently crossover with each other. We are fun, passionate believers in progressive ideals and we genuinely want our clients to win.
Benefits of working full-time at COMPETE:
In addition to working for campaigns and causes that you care about, in a culture that cares about you, COMPETE offers unlimited PTO, health benefits, 401k, workstation reimbursement, and career development. We believe our people are our greatest strength; as a result, we are committed to building around our team and teaching new skills.
COMPETE is committed to diversity in its workforce. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran, or disability status.
$50,000 – $65,000 per year